INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY | QUOTES

iwd 2017 quote

Today marks International Women's Day. A day to celebrate women's achievements, successes and to encourage discussion of gender equality. 

So often, the ladies above are our muses, our icons and our inspiration here at NAVY. So we've picked out a handful of quotes by some of the women above, as well as a few others, to give you motivation on this day. Hopefully, quotes to inspire you to further yourselves and work towards the goals that International Women's Day sets out to achieve. 



iwd blondie quote
Debbie Harry
"How can one be a woman and not be a feminist? That’s my question."


international womens day viv albertine
Viv Albertine
"I also think as women generally have multi faceted brains: multi-tasking, anticipatory, emotionally developed - it is a much more natural course for us to take, to try different things, and succeed in many different disciplines. It is only looked upon as a negative to mix disciplines because we are used to a society where those in powerful and successful positions usually do one thing at a time."


womens day poly styrene quote
Poly Styrene - X Ray Specs
Some people think little girls should be seen and not heard,
But I think, oh bondage, up yours!




international women day edie sedgewick quote
Edie Sedgwick
"I want to reach people and express myself. You have to put up with the risk of being misunderstood if you are going to try to communicate. You have to put up with people projecting their own ideas, attitudes, misunderstanding you. But it’s worth being a public fool if that’s all you can be in order to communicate yourself."


iwd pj harvey quote
PJ Harvey
Look at these, my child-bearing hips
Look at these, my ruby red ruby lips
Look at these my work strong arms and
You've got to see my bottle full of charm
I lay it all at your feet
You turn around and say back to me, "he said"

Sheela-na-gig, Sheela-na-gig You exhibitionist
Sheela-na-gig, Sheela-na-gig You exhibitionist

Gonna wash that man right out of my hair
Just like the first time, said he didn't care
Gonna wash that man right out of my hair
Heard it before, no more



www.NAVYLondon.com
xoxo

Share:

0 comments